- Company: FitBit
- Price: $199.95 (Normally $249.95)
- Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
- Size: 10 x 6 x 3 inches
- Various Models come in different sizes
- Description: Wearable Health & Fitness Tracker
- Benefits: Keep track of Macros and Fitness Goals
- Would You Recommend This Product? YES. FitBit is one of the few well-established platforms that not only offer great technology and easy syncing, but coaching and goal setting plans inside your fitbit account!
My Experience With FitBit And How You Can Learn From It.
I have personally used FitBit for 18 months now. My first month, I definitely noticed new habits forming from the accountability you adopt when logging and measuring your stats. The magical part of Fitbit though, is it continues to track and update via Bluetooth as you move throughout your day. As my body became more efficient with fat burning, my energy naturally increased and I started to become more active. Fitbit was logging my progress and had new exercises and goals set for each milestone accomplished. As I became more active Fitbit started to act more as an exercise training aid over solely nutrition and macros logging.
As a type 2 diabetic, I became insulin resistant in the mornings. My cardio days- were what stabilized my blood sugar and I relied on my Fitbit to take the planning out of workouts and solely used apps for cardio regimens to help me evolve and push myself. I simply didn’t have enough time to plane and start new workouts every day, but I knew I needed to keep going in order to keep my blood sugar consistent. I discovered an app called carb manager that syncs perfectly with my fitbit. Carb manager stores my in dept health stats including medical logs and will automatically sync my caloric and macros allowances based on my fitbit activity reported for the day (Click Here to learn more about carb manager in my “Keto & Does It Work?” article). This made life so much easier to centralize everything into carb manager from a data collection perspective and let fitbit work passively throughout my day.
So, now that my body is conditioned and in a healthy place with my diabetes- I am now starting to burn energy more steadily and consistently- and fitbit has changed my goals based on my current measurements and weigh ins. I am now achieving longer distances, motivated by the coach apps, get stretching and exercise ideas via app on my phone, and I can even track my sleep and wellness stats.
How Can I Use My FitBit?
The best way to use FitBit, for me, was to introduce it in my daily routine. I personally log all of my food and measurements in carb manager and let fit bit count my steps and activity in the background. I will periodically update my stats or sync my phone throughout the day just to make sure I have current info before making food choices, or planning my running route.
Specifically, the Ionic has a nice screen size and allows you to access some apps on the face of your watch. I LOVE customizing the face of my watch to view a quick screen shot of my stats on the view screen.
Fitbit also has purchase power! Yes folks, believe it or not, you can sync apps like you contacless pay wallet, or Starbucks account with your fitbit! It’s been a life saver when I’m quenching for caffeine post workout but don’t have my wallet to pay for an iced coffee. I just load up my e gift card every now and again to keep it funded and I can pay straight from my watch. Seriously. You don’t now what you’re missing out on with this one.
Not only can this watch aid you in a healthier lifestyle and integrate into your shopping habits, you can also use it for practical time management by setting alarms, reminders, pushing text through from your phone, it’ll alert you when you have a call coming in… this thing is literally my personal assistant. I really do feel like I can stay plugged in while taking time for self care.
About The Product & A General Review of Benefits
The company describes this product as one that can maximize results over other wearable because it offers apps for support and true lifestyle habit changes. Fitbit focuses on building a community of other fitbit users that one can compete with, gather ideas from, and build lasting friendships with while building new and healthier habits.
IONIC Benefits– If You’re have a hard time reading the description in the photo, here is the text as it reads in the image :
- Start dynamic personalized workouts on your wrist with step-by-step coaching.
- Syncing range: Up to 30 feet. Certain features like smartphone notifications may require Android 5.0+. Syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. And later, Android 4.4 and later and Windows 10 devices
- Store and play 300+ songs, plus download playlists from Pandora
- Use built-in GPS/GLONASS to track pace, distance & routes and get Pure Pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real-time zones
- Package includes both large and small size bands for the perfect, comfortable fit for all-day & all-night wear
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and make payments on the go with a built-in NFC chip. Durable screen – corning gorilla glass 3 is tough and damage resistant
- Track runs, swims, rides, workouts, all day activity and sleep with 4+ day battery life (varies with use & other factors)
- Increased pixels & amplified brightness up to 1000 nits, Operating temperature: -4 degree to 113 degree Fahrenheit, Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
- Buy with confidence when your Fitbit product ‘ships from and is sold by’ the following authorized Fitbit retailers: Amazon.com, Heart Rate Monitors USA and Clever Training. Fitbit does not guarantee the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty and replacement from Fitbit.
- The minimum and maximum circumference range between 140 – 206 millimeters“
Review Recap: FitBit Is Essential For Any Keto Fitness Level.
The main focus in Keto is to train your body to process foods for energy efficiently. Part of that lifestyle is becoming active and keeping your body in tip-top shape. It becomes overwhelming and down right hard. But with a little planning, a lot of help from my fitbit, and some support from other keto-ers on my off days- the journey has change my life.
I hope this review of FitBit Ionic helps you in your Keto Life as much as it did mine.
I really do love to hear from my readers. If you have any products you love, tips for the Ionic, or general questions please use the comment box to discuss! Let’s help each achieve our health goals. No Keto-er left behind!
Happy Keto-ing. Lets Ketoooooo!
Founder of RachelGoesKeto.com
Tried the product?
Let me know! Ask me your Qs or Tell me about your personal experience in comments below!
If you have any questions please comment below.
I am happy to help with any additional info. Happy Keto-ing!